[Ag-eq] Quiet list

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Thu Feb 9 21:46:24 UTC 2012

Susan:

I have 4 goats and they are so much fun.  I have 2 Toggenbergs, a retired dairy
goat and her son.  I also have 2 young Nubian dose.  I purchased 1 last spring
and am drying her up.  My other doe will kid in mid March, so more milk!

We used the milk for all kinds of things.  I've made both soft and hard cheeses;
I was more successful with the soft ones.  We cook with it, drink it and even
made ice cream.  I really can't tell much of a difference.  I have some new
recipes to try as soon as the milk is ready!

A friend of mine keeps her sheep here and I think she makes felt with the wool.
I'm really not sure; I just take care of him.  He's a funny guy and follows us
around like a dog.  I've always thought spinning looks relaxing, but I'm not
very good with crafts.

Nella