[Ag-eq] Down on the Farm

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Wed Feb 22 02:29:32 UTC 2012

Quoting Susan Roe <dogwoodfarm at verizon.net>:

Susan:

I know some one with the Red Star hens and they really like them.  I have 3
barred Rocks and 3 Cinnamon Queens, they all lay brown eggs and are good
layers.  I might get 2 or 3 chicks, not sure what breed; I like my flock to be
different ages.

What breeds do you have now?

Do you sell plants or produce?

I've been thinking about starting seeds for vegetables and herbs and then
selling the plants; what do you think?

I think you will have so much fun with the goats.  I really enjoy taking care of
mine and using the milk.  It is very easy to get attached to the goats; I don't
know how people can eat them!

You should consider getting some Angora goats so you could use the hair.

I try to compost all the animal waste before using it, but sometimes I use it to
soon.  This makes grass and weeds grow in my vegetables.

Take care.

Nella