[Ag-eq] Regarding vegetables

Kendra Schaber Baltimore777 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 7 20:43:07 UTC 2012

Hi all, you can grow most vegetables in Oregon. The colder weather crops like kail, lettuce and Spinich can be grown outside all year round as long as it doesn't get below freezing or snowy. We have to grow our hotter weather crops like tomatoes and peppers durring the summer in less you want to own a heated a greenhouse or start the plants in pots and then transplant them into the ground once the weather warms up enough for them. Herbs like mint do very well here even in the winter time. Before you put something into the ground, make sure that it can take the current weather conditions or addapt them to the current weather conditions first. On my little balkomy, I have had the best luck with herbs and so far, daffodils. I have tried a few other flowers and even kail and spinnich without much luck.
Kendra Schaber