[Ag-eq] quiet list and a question about blind horse trainers

Aleeha Dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 23:02:30 UTC 2012

Hello All,
  Wow, has this list been quiet.  I'm going to start a topic that
may be controversial for some, but we'll see where it leads since
we are all interested in the same sort of field: agriculture.
  I am in the midst of my sophomore year in college, currently
studying zoology in hopes of becoming a blind veterinarian.  I
was wondering if any of you are or know someone who is a blind
horse trainer? I am trying to figure out how you interpret
signals and possibly dangerous situations while working with your
horses.  This would also apply if you work with other large
animals.
  I am also wondering if anyone has tried to pursue or knows
someone who has tried to pursue a career in veterinary medicine
or other agricultural fields that have to do with animals.
  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Aleeha Dudley
President, Ohio Association of Blind Students