[Ag-eq] horse training

Jody Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Thu Oct 4 02:59:51 UTC 2012

Hi Nella,

I often wonder how the eye contact works with people wearing sunglasses or
if they would make the horse feel uncomfortable.

I know Clinton describes how you can make a horse move away from you by
standing up and puffing up your chest and march towards them.  He describes
that if you want the horse to move towards you that you walk backwards
bending over a bit to make yourself shorter.

I would think that his method of stepping towards the front of the horse
then stepping back to have them turn towards you would work if you use eye
contact or not.

I like the bells on the halter or a fly mask idea.

JODY