[Ag-eq] horse training

Jody Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Thu Oct 4 03:24:27 UTC 2012

Hi Nella,

I am so glad this list got active again since I didn't have the contact
email in this computer.

I have wondered how you and everyone was doing.

The house is finally unpacked but we have a lot to do on the property.  We
have already cleared out a lot but lots more to do.  We are almost done
fixing the round pen and we have to fix the paddock fence.  The whole
property is fenced which is great although I only let the dogs in the
smaller area.  The tall grass and over grown brush is not a good place to
let them run because we have rattle snakes and other varmints here.

We had a lot of rain with the hurricane and the water table rose so high the
pond turned in to a lake and the yard was all boggy.

I hoped to have the garden planted by now but the area is still too wet.  I
composted the leaves I raked up last spring and I am moving them to the
garden and adding some dirt too.  This area was once a lake bed and the soil
is black and it smells swampy.  It is called muck soil.  It really needs
peet moss but they want $10 a bag for it and that is why I decided to use
the compost  even though it really isn't totally ready.

I have been reading Barnyard in your Backyard from the Talking book library.
I am on the section about chickens now.  We have to work on our chicken coop
and replace the chicken wire and fix the nesting boxes.

The pond is great and I hope we can stock it with fish.  I would especially
like some fish that like to eat mosquitos and frog eggs.  hahahaha

Daytime is still warm in the upper 80s and night time is in the 70s.  This
is the time of year I miss New England for the autumn leaves and cool
temperatures.  Everyone is tired of the heat.

I am looking forward to cool days.  I think we will get a lot more done
outside.

How have you been?

JODY