[Ag-eq] horse training

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Thu Oct 4 14:19:44 UTC 2012

Jody:

I keep my chickens in a 15 by 30 run; it has bird netting over the top.  I've
lost a couple to dogs, my dogs and the neighbor dogs.  The neighbor has lost
some chickens and ducks to the coyotes, so I worry about that too.  The
chickens also eat my garden, which is another reason they have lock down now!

Yes, I make my own goat cheese, mostly soft cheeses, they are easier.  I also
make yogurt, ice cream and we use the milk for cooking and drinking.  Cow milk
seems to bother Mike, but the goat milk doesn't.  I haven't purchased milk for
2 years now.

A friend and I have been making goat milk soap, which is so good for the skin.
We hope to start selling it soon.  We are trying different recipes and
fragrances.

I really enjoy the goats; they are so fun and curious.  So far they have been
very easy to maintain.  If you got some they would eat all the weeds and over
growth on your property.  The goat chapter in Barnyard in Your Backyard is very
informative.

Nella