[Ag-eq] horse training

Michelle Creedy michelle.creedy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 19:44:56 UTC 2012

Hi All

Nella, you use so many of the same techniques I use! What on earth is
a handy stick and should I have one of these? The lunge whip feels so
difficult for me. It feels like it's too long and somehow just weird.

I think I like the sound of Clinton Anderson. I'm trying to find
someone who is willing to work with me which will be good.

That's a great idea about putting the bells on a clip! I should also
start with Bitsy and touch her with different things so she gets used
to it. If she moves away should I try again or back off a bit? I don't
want to frighten her but I also want to get her used to stuff.

They totally don't mind the cane! Would it not frighten the horses if
you use the cane as a handi-stick?

Michelle