[Ag-eq] Soaps

Liz Lewis liz4jesus at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 12:39:24 UTC 2012

We can find Seventh Generation and Kiss my Face at the grocery store.  We
like to shop around and find specialty soaps  for gifts.  Oh, we also like
Yardley but it tends to be pretty strong.  Do you sell your products?

Liz:

Thanks for the input.  Personally I like a light scent, but know many people
are sensetive to it.  So it would probably be a good idea to have both.  I
made a bar soap with allo and oatmeal that is unscented, it's actually one
of my favorites.  I really like the way it makes my skin feel.

What kind of soaps do you find to buy?

Nella

Quoting Liz Lewis <liz4jesus at gmail.com>:

> My husband and I love soaps without scents or dyes.  Yes, we do pay
> more but appreciate the clean feel and smell.  We feel a clean smell is no
smell.
> Also, most scents cause me to break out.  Yes, I believe people will
> pay more for homemade products without all the preservatives.  You are
> so clever!
>

> I've started making homemade soaps, some with goat milk and some
> without.  I make some bars and a shower jell.  I'm also making horse and
dog shampoos.

> I'm very happy with the goat milk rose and the goat milk lavender
> soap; these come in a bar.  Right now the shower jell is unscented.  I
> would like to add sent, but would like some suggestions.  What type of
> scents do you all like?
>
> Also what would be a good sent for men?
>
> Do you think people will pay more for homemade products, that have no
> preservatives or dye?
>
> I can't sell any of the soap products very cheaply; some of the oils
> and scents are quite expensive.  The dog and horse shampoos cost the
> most to make; they contain several essential oils.
>
> I would appreciate any name suggestions for the dog and horse shampoos.
>
> I've been making homemade, organic pet treats for over a year now.  A
> couple of local stores sell them for me.  I also take them to
> different festivals and horse events.  All of the treats can be used for
both horses and dogs.
> I've tested them on my dogs, goats and horses.  I also tested them on
> my friends animals.  So far people seem to really like them and are
> always asking me to make more.
>
> There are 3 different treats, which are call pet desserts.  There is
> the Peanut butter Crunch Bar, Apple Cinnamon Danish and Oatmeal Carrot
Cake.
> The bags have a label on the front that say Jellybean Farm and the
> name of the treat.
> There is another label on the back with a list of ingredients.
>
> I plan on using the Jellybean Farm label on the soaps too.  It has a
> picture of a little, fat goat with long curved horns.  It is blue and
> gold and rather fanciful.  Now I just need some fun names for the soaps
and shampoos.
> I would appreciate any suggestions and ideas.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Nella
>
> Quoting Jody Ianuzzi <jody at thewhitehats.com>:
>
> > Hi Nella,
> >
> > Yes, I know about the breed  problems.  I hate that whole subject
> > because it isn't the breed it is what people do to the dog that
> > makes them bad.  I have always been a GSD person and when I got my
> > GSD guide dog the company started to whine about it until I said she
> > was a guide dog and had been highly trained and tested.
> >
> > Now I have an American White Shepherd and that is fine.  The AWS
> > doesn't set of any flags.
> >
> > Did you know pet insurance is higher for GSDs too?  I don't have it
> > but I know people who do.
> >
> > I will have to do my homework.  I have time now until April.  We had
> > to rush and get what we could when we moved in.  I am still miffed
> > because they charged us extra because they said the nails holding
> > the roof were too short.  They figured a one half inch sheathing and
> > our sheathing is three quarters inch cedar.  The idiot didn't take
> > the
> thickness in to account.
> >
> > I just don't like insurance.  You pay a lot for it and it always
> > seems to exclude the things you need.
> >
> > JODY

> > for
> Ag-eq: