[Ag-eq] Gardening apts?

Jody Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Fri Nov 16 14:59:11 UTC 2012

Hi Kendra,

Welcome to the iPhone world.  I just love my iPhone.  I have over 300 apps.
Our daughter just got one and now she is hooked too.

I think I have the same vegetable app that you have.  I suggest you search
using different keywords to narrow down the selection.  I searched for
planting guides and planting zones etc.  You get different apps with each
search.  I must confess I only get the free apps because I don't want to
spend money and then find out it doesn't work with Voice Over.

I have an app called Tape Measure that is fantastic for measuring distance.
I used it to determine it is 75 feet from our front door to the gate then 25
fet to the road.  Our round pen is 50 feet in diameter and it is 110 feet
from the barn to the garden which was handy when buying a hose.

I also use the compass app and GPS to find the house when I get turned
around in the field.  The other day I was out checking fences and I got
turned around only to find I left the phone in the house so I had to rely on
where the sun was and the direction of the wind.  I have a wind chime on the
house but it wasn't windy enough to make noise.

JODY