[Ag-eq] Raised beds

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Mar 5 15:48:18 UTC 2013

Gardener's Supply has a lot of raised beds and raised bed building kits.
I bought 2 of the beds they call Grow Beds and hooked them together.
They're essentially strong plastic panels.  I forget the exact dimensions,
maybe 18 inches square, or 2 feet, maybe.  The bed I made with them is about
4X8 feet, and about a foot deep.  My neighbor calls it the rowboat, because
it leans out a little as it goes up, but it works well.  I only wish its
sides were sturdy enough to sit on while I work.
It took quite a bit of soil to fill it.