[Ag-eq] FW: Chickens

Jody Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Tue Mar 5 15:42:48 UTC 2013

Hello Nella,

Hmmm, I like the idea the goats would clear the brush and be companions for
horses.  I have heard they are hard to contain and they climb out of most
fences.  Is that true?

I would also like to get some ducks but we have to clear out the pond which
is stagnant now.  I would like to stock it with tilapia.

You got roosters instead of hens.   Hahahaha, yes, that is one reason why we
didn't get chicks.  Did Mike slaughter them himself?  I think that is
inevitable but we have to learn more about doing it ourselves.  Is it hard
to gut out a chicken and are the feathers hard to remove?

Tom says we are running a chicken sanctuary because we plan to keep Gabby
for life because she has such a sweet personality.  <GRIN>

Can you describe how you build a raised bed?  We have a high water table
here and I think that would be a good idea.

I am glad this list is active again.  I was afraid everyone had frozen.
<GRIN>

JODY