[Ag-eq] Intro

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Tue Mar 5 19:06:28 UTC 2013

Jody:

How far are you from shopping?

Can you walk to anything from your house?

I didn't know that Dollar General offered shipping; I'll have to look into it.

Mike and I do not shop well together, so we don't do it often.  I pay a woman to
take me to the store and run erronds.  She is very good at finding the best
prices in the store and using coupons.  I usually have her help me every 2
weeks, sometimes more often.  Once and a while I shop with a neighbor.

I can walk to a bus stop and then get a bus to the store, but I hate asking the
store employees to help me.  They don't seem to know where anything is located,
ore how to identify things.  They don't cook, so don't know what I'm asking for.
 It takes twice as long to do my shopping with them.

One of the local feed stores will deliver, so I have them bring my animal feed.
I buy hay from dealers that will deliver and stack; it's a little more
expensive, but worthit!

I work 3 days a week and can take the bus there.  I'm really kind of a home
body, so don't get out as much as I could.  I would like to live further out,
but wouldn't be able to get to work.  I often think about how I would manage if
I couldn't access the bus system.  Work would be the hardest thing.  I can ask
neighbors in emergencies, but try not to do it unless really necessary.

I hope if there are any members living out in the country they will share how
they manage with us.

Nella