[Ag-eq] Chickens

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Tue Mar 5 22:08:34 UTC 2013

Hi Nella,

Homer, our goat is doing really well.  One of my cousins called and said
that a guy who works with him asked if he wanted a goat.  He said no, but I
know of someone who might.  So, since my cousin couldn't answer any of my
questions such as;
What breed of goat?
 A full sized or a pigmy?
Male or female?
Adult or baby?

He told me he'd get the guy to call me.  My cousin called me back the next
day and said they wouldn't be ready for a few more weeks and that I could
have my pick of male or female.  Well, that still didn't answer my
questions, so hopefully he'll call me himself so I can get some answers.

I don't want a male.  I would prefer a young doe.  I don't want a pigmy
because Homer is a good 160 pounds and 10 inch horns.  So while we wait for
his phone call, we're getting the second stall ready for a young goat.  I
hope it will be a dairy or dairy/meat goat mix.  I think I'd like to full
with a young goat, us getting use to her and her getting use to us before we
tackle breeding, birthing and milking.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net