[Ag-eq] FW: Ponies!

Jody Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Sun Mar 10 03:20:35 UTC 2013

Hi Nella,

The other horse is a very sweet bay with a chocolate brown coat and black
mane and tail.  He is very friendly and I would love to name him Amego.  He
doesn't hesitate to come over for attention where the palomino is skiddish
until he gets to know you.

Your advice does not put a damper on things.  I appreciate your comments and
everyone else too.  Yes, I do understand that I have to take my time and go
slow with these young neglected babies.  Sandy at the stable is giving me
the same advice.  I will be happy to just see them settle in and become
comfortable here with no stress and lots of food and water.  They need
exercise to build strong muscles and we have a round pen for that.   Yes,
Sandy will help me as much as I ask her, she is a fantastic lady.

I would love to find a source for 55 gallon drums.  Not only for the horses
but for burning and for barrel racing practice.  In the future of course.

Oh yes, I can't forget a hoof pick!  They will remain barefoot and if I ever
ride on pavement or at a show I will get sport boots rather then shoes.  We
have a packed gravel road which is great for riding.  I will find out the
ferrier that the stable uses tomorrow.

Oh I think a rope halter and lead rope is a great idea.  They are $19 at the
feed store for the set and $60 from Clinton Anderson....I don't think so.

Yes, we have a locally owned feed store and a Tractor Supply.  This area is
agricultural so there are lots of sources.

Hay is impossible to get now except that that Sandy at the Stable just
bought out the local supplier and I can get some from her.

Good advice about the vet.  I found a great one and it turns out he is the
same vet the stable uses.  Sandy has been family friends with him for years
and they have Thanksgiving together.

I hope she will deliver the horses herself so she can look around and give
us advice.  I think I will invite her to stay for dinner too.

I appreciate all of your advice.  It is wonderful to share my excitement
with you and everyone on the list.

JODY