[Ag-eq] new chicks

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Mar 19 17:11:30 UTC 2013

Nella, you lucky duck!  Orange blossoms, and chicks, and sunshine!
We had a snowstorm last night.  It was around 3-4 inches here.  I'm starting
some cool-weather crops in my cold frame, but I don't know if it's too cold
for them to come up.  I just got the cold frame, so it's an experiment right
now.  My tomato seedlings are doing well inside, though.
Outside, the daffodils have buds in the most sheltered part of the yard, and
the pussy willow and hellibore-Lenten Rose are blooming.  But we're a long
way from warm weather yet.
I did see a rhubarb leaf or 2 poking up, which was exciting.  I love
rhubarb.