[Ag-eq] sheep and dogs

Jody Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Tue Apr 16 16:57:42 UTC 2013

Hi Nella,

I don't have any problems with separation anxiety but I feel bad for anyone
who does have the problem.

I just read a good article on it in which it is suggested that you put the
dog in a crate in the same room with you and over time move the crate
farther and farther away.  Putting a Kong or a toy they can chew to keep
them occupied will help.

I also heard it suggested that when you leave the dog you should not say
anything or make a fuss at all, just leave.  Then when you come back ignore
the dog and wait a while before saying hello.  That way the dog does not
associate you leaving or coming back as emotional at all.

JODY