[Ag-eq] Chicken Killer!

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Sat Apr 20 11:26:34 UTC 2013

Hi Jody,

I'm with you about introducing predatores back in an area, especially when
one of those reasons is to naturally keep down the deer population.  I
personally don't want to have a natural predatore take down a deer on my
property.  Who do you think will have to clean up the mess?  My hounds would
have whatever they could drag away up on my front porch.  That was bad
enough when my dad and uncle let anyone who asked hunt on the property.
They never dressed the deer properly and never seemed to either remove what
they didn't want or bury it quite deep enough.

It is impossible to not feed the farel cats here because they are blended
with my own barn cats and their numbers come and go constantly.  This has
been going on for over 50 years.  They come, have at least one litter of
kittens, our cats manage to run them off or get run off themselves and then
they move on within two years.  We were told by a vet that outdoor cats will
rome up to a mile as long as there is food to have and unfixed cats.  There
are three toms that come here during spring and summer that are unfixed, and
who are major contributers to the gene pool.  We don't allow them to eat at
the barn and we chase them off whenever we see them.  They are definitely
somebody's cats.  When I start fixing whatever I get my hands on, they are
going buy-bye to be fixed as well.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net