[Ag-eq] "neck-reining"

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Mon Apr 29 12:45:16 UTC 2013

Nella,

No, I don't ride any more and the last two horses that were on the property
I had to have them put down in May of 2011.  One of them was Beau who was 39
years old and the other was a 19 year old quarter horse mair named Lucy.
Wes's dad raised horses all my life and several of them were trained as
registered quarter horses for Wes.  The last horse raised for Wes was a
beautiful chestnut named Cowboy.  It nearly killed him when he had to be put
down.  Luckily, his wife Terry is a vet and she took care of everything with
the help of others so Wes would not have to be there.  At that time, Wes
didn't board his horses here, but on the property where he currently lives.
Terry is the one who helped me take care of the remaining two horses after
Wes's mother died that April.  The two horses were burried on the farm.  His
dad died that August.  My sister Pattie and I took care of both of them.
All 6 family members, my Dad's parents, my parents, and my Dad's brother and
wife, past away here on the farm.  Although we do have a graveyard here that
dates back to the 1800's, they were not burried here.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net