[Ag-eq] `

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Wed May 15 15:37:51 UTC 2013

Yes, mules are more sure footed than horses, that's why they're used in the
Grand Canyon.  Most equine enthusiasts believe them to be smarter as well.  An
old cowboy friend of mine says he rides horses because he doesn't want to ride
anything smarter than him!

Several trainers have told me that mules have a stronger sense of self
preservation than horses do.  Because they are so smart they can be more
difficult to train.  I have also read that pound for pound mules are stronger
than horses.

My dream is to some day own a gaited mule, but I'm happy with my gaited horse.

Nella