[Ag-eq] Chives

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Fri May 31 01:59:08 UTC 2013

Tracy,

With your chives, I'd just make sure you kept the seed heads off and keep
using your chives.  If the taste should change, you'll be able to tell just
by sampling them.  We use them as long as they keep growing.  You can also
rough cut them and freeze them in ice trays with water and when they are
solid, pop them out and put them in a zip lock bag.  When you need them,
drop them in your pot or let them melt on a paper towel and then scoop them
into a salad or into bread dough.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net