[Ag-eq] BlanchRanch bulletin

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Thu Jun 13 02:45:13 UTC 2013

Contrary to the Met office, on the BlanchRanch, the seasons begin on the appropriate astronomical
event;  therefore, the first day of winter is the winter solstice, June 22nd, so at 31 Oxford /30
Hamilton Street, that is still 9 days off.
If one believes that plants are able to sense the oncoming season and we choose to bide by their
foreknowledge, we are going to get a very mild winter followed by an early spring.
The * foreknowledge that I have noticed is that my weeping dwarf pussy willow tree is, absolutely,
packed with the fattest buds that house the developing spring catkins.