[Ag-eq] Question about Feet

Michelle Creedy michelle.creedy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 03:51:14 UTC 2013

Hello All

I have a question for you. What is your plan of action if you're cleaning
out the horse's back hooves and they either try to kick out all the time or
they move in such a way that they have to put the foot down? I've tried
holding on to the foot, I've tried actually picking the foot up and
releasing it before the horse tries anything and I've also tried holding the
foot at different angles in case what I'm doing is bothering her. She is a
mini and puts up a huge fight! Tonight I simply got help but really this is
a task I can do just fine if she behaves. Heck, I've even tried a little
bribery! She's fine with the front now. Any thoughts? I tie her to the
hitching post while doing this but she's so tiny she can still get around.
It's very important for me to clean out the feet because they've been having
some issues with thrush due to our wet spring.

Also, do any of you know where I can access some books about training like
in the round pen? Not bookshare because we don't have that here although
I've been hearing rumblings about that. Even just titles would be good
because I can get them scanned.

Michelle Creedy