[Ag-eq] Adaptation

Jody W Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Tue Jul 30 15:47:16 UTC 2013

Hi Nela and all,

I have been thinking of the adaptations I have made in the kitchen and I agree I just use standard equipment with the exception of a talking timer and bump up dots to mark my appliances.

I use an oversized mixing bowl so I don’t have to worry about making a mess on the counter.
I have a flat top stove which I hate.  I wish I had an old fashioned stove with burners, it was so much easier to center the pans on the burner.  I also wish I had dial controls.  This stove has a touch flat pad which reacts just by touching it unlike my microwave which only reacts once you press the flat pad.  I have bump up dots on both stove and microwave flat pads but I have to be careful not to touch the stove pad except to find the raised dots.

I also go by time and smell to tell if food is cooked.  I do have a reputation for over cooking things.  It is funny but my kids prefer over cooked bacon, eggs, grilled cheese and pancakes because that is what they grew up eating.

Last year’s Master Chef winner was legally blind.  After starting out with a hundred contestants, she won first prize.  Her name is Christine Ha and her website ishttp://www.blindchef.com

JODY
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!" Thomas Jefferson