[Ag-eq] Chickens

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Wed Jul 31 22:20:05 UTC 2013

Jody!  Chooks can be, extremely, flock-oriented and have a very strict * pecking order, and * peck
they do!
Have you got a crate with wire sides that you could put the new birds in for several days until the
resident birds become accustomed to them?
If you do, after a few days, if the crate is large enough, let the new kids on the block out while
putting some of the old birds in it so that possible aggression to the new ones will be reduced.