[Ag-eq] Lambs and puff boats

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Wed Sep 25 00:05:49 UTC 2013

Firstly, Rambo, the lambo!    He is doing very well and has now imprinted on me as the fount from
which all good things come.  Yesterday was the first time he recognised me and came when I called
him, and, this morning,  He followed me into the house, so when he is ready to start nibbling grass:
that is:  3 weeks of age:  I should be able to let him out to join the rest of the sheep and he
should still come for his bottle when I call him.
America's Cup this morning?  NZ beaten twice by a country mile.  The first might have gone our way
except that we fluffed the start and were punished by having to give Oracle  a 2 boatlingth lead and
that was more than enough for the blighters,  , but the second race was without starting blemish and
the yanks cleared out and left the Kiwis puffing, vainly, 51 seconds behind them.
A mere week ago, noone would have dreamed that such a hiding was possible, but it goes to prove what
I have always, regrettably, said:  "When the tough get going, New Zealand crumples like a used paper
tissue.
Tomorrow, barring the most remarkable comeback in yachting history, one that now belongs to Oracle,
the cup will stay with them, and I, for one, will not be crying into my coffee over that!