[Ag-eq] Tracy/Knitting

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Sep 27 12:46:02 UTC 2013

I think I saw a book on making rag rugs on either NLS or Bookshare.
A friend of my father's made him the most wonderful quilt out of old
T-shirts.  She arranged the designs on the T-shirts in a pleasing way, then
cut out the pictures, sewed them together, and added a backing. Very neat.

I made a reed basket from a kit once, in the style called "gizzard" or
"bow".  It's my harvest basket.  It's held up well. I always think it might
be fairly easy to make another out of all the wild grapevine I'm always
pulling out of my yard, but I haven't tried yet.  I need to retire, so I
have more time to play.