[Ag-eq] guide dogs

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Thu Oct 17 00:10:07 UTC 2013

Jody:

I know you trained the dog you have now, but where did you get your first dog?

Also did you get any help training Walker; are there organizations for self
training or support groups.

Now that I have the fibromyalgia, I often get dizzy and my balance is off some
days.  I don't know if that would confuse a dog or if one could be trained to
help with it.

I recently adopted a beautiful GSD from our local Humane Society.  He is the
sweetest, smartest and most calm 2 year old GSD that I've ever been around.  I
find myself using him for support when we walk.  He probably has a great
personality for a guide dog.  Mike thinks I should try and use him for a guide.
 I have no idea how to train for that and if I even want another guide.

I have to say I don't like the added attention one gets from using a dog.  I
just want to go from one place to another without being harassed!  I know I'm a
little anti social, but that's just me.

Nella