[Ag-eq] guide dogs

Fred's Win7 Catastrophe regenerative at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 17 01:47:12 UTC 2013

I ride tandem bikes Barb,
Almost always, I  leave my guide dog home or with
someone, depending on how long the ride is
supposed to be.  I do have a trailor for the dog.  He seems to enjoy it.
Bike paths are often used by dog walkers.  I
don't think  I would ride with a running dog
alongside.  My wife and I used to do that with
our border collie, but they are bred to follow
very close.  Guide dogs are trained to work on a
person's left side.  That would put the guide dog
out towards oncoming or passing traffic.  Interesting,
Fred