[Ag-eq] Rambo Unwound

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Fri Jan 24 04:25:48 UTC 2014

For the last day or 2, Rambo, remember my erstwhile pet lamb, has been calling out to me from the
stopbank, but having been a pet and having not forgotten that he had been one, it was not uncommon
for him to call out when he saw me.
However, on this occasion, and rather belatedly I am ashamed to say, I realised that his bleating
seemed a little desperate and it seemed to be coming from the same area all the time.
This morning, when I emerged, he continued to call whether he saw me or not, so, I thought that I
better go out and see if he was in any sort of trouble, which he was;  It appeared that  he had
attempted to push his way under the fence to get down into the house paddock, and in so doing, a
piece of broken and bent number 8 fence wire had got entangled in his wool and he was unable to
break free.
He is none the worse for his experience, and being a sheep, I can't say if he has learned anything,
but one can but hope!