[Ag-eq] Horse Quiz

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Sun Feb 2 02:29:44 UTC 2014

HORSE QUIZ

1. How long are mares pregnant?
d. 11 months

2. What are Quarter horses known for?
c. The ability to run a quarter mile faster than other horses

3. What is the oldest breed of horse to be ridden?
d. none of the above

4. What Gait uses a diagonal?
a. Trot.

5. In horse terms what are the name of a foal's mother and father?
c. Dam and sire

6. What breed of horse did the Nez Pierce Indians specifically breed for?
c. Appaloosas

7. What is the average weight of a horse?
a. 500 pounds
b. 750 pounds
c. 950 pounds
d. 1400 pounds

8. When measuring a horse, a hand equals?
b. 4 inches

9. How many bones does a horse have?
d. 205

10. When measuring the height of a horse you measure from the ground to what
part of the horse?
d. The withers or top of shoulder blades

11. A horse that is under 14 and one half hands is called
a. A pony

12. What are dapples?
c. Round, colored markings on the horse's coat

13. Which of these is not a horse color?
f. Dalmatian

14. Which of these is not an Olympic equestrian sport?
b. Free jumping

15. According to thoroughbred racing, colts and fillies are horses younger than.
c. 3 years old

In question 5, In horse terms, what are the name of a foal's mother and father?"  I had to resist
the temptation to answer:  Bruce/Mary, Jack/Jill, Boxer/Blossom, etc etc, but Nella did not give me
the freedom to answer as the question seemed to indicate;  * terms rather than * names and * for
rather than * of would have been preferable, but then, I am a proper old nitpicker, so what more can
one expect? though, I must say that I was, just a teeny-weeny bit, tempted to select option A.