[Ag-eq] heartworm prevention

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Feb 3 19:23:09 UTC 2014

Thanks Jodi.

On the NAGDU list, we were discussing a heartworm pill called Trifexis.  My
vet sold it to me, but my boy Ben doesn't like it at all, even though it's
supposed to be chewable.  Then someone posted an article saying that some
dogs had died taking Trifexis.
I know I can't believe everything on the Internet, but the article, combined
with Ben's dislike of the thing, made me decide not to use it anymore.  I'm
going to ask the vet about the generic.  If he doesn't have it, now I have
the website Jodi used.