[Ag-eq] Introduction from new member

Randy george george.randy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 16:08:12 UTC 2014

Hi Tracy,

So great to meet you, glad to know there are some horse people out
here on the east coast! :)  Feel free to write me off-list, I am a
huge horse racing fan as well and would love to know more folks with
visual impairments who enjoy the same activities.

Please also feel free to provide my information to your friend, I
would absolutely be interested in speaking with her.  I believe that
if i could get started an area such as Philadelphia or New Jersey
would afford me with plenty of opportunities to work as most major
horse facilities out here are accessible via public transportation.
California is just so spread out, that's why I never seriously
considered the profession in the past.  I currently work for the
government, but would much rather be working with animals than
computers.

I am going to a volunteer orientation at a theraputic riding program
near my house, I would love to help out with the program--we shall see
what the reception is there.  Someone else mentioned the reception of
visually impaired assistance with programs such as these to be less
than warm; I can agree with that at the academic level; the programs I
looked in to to become a TRP instructor all were very close-minded
about working with a person with a visual impairment.  I don't really
want to force a program to work with me, I want them to be
enthusiastic about working with myself and others with visual
impairments.

One of my greatest dreams actually is to become a horse race trainer.
I've looked in to this and there have been plenty of blind racing
trainers, even in Mexico.

My email address is george.randy at gmail.com, feel free to write me
off-list anytime.

Talk soon,