[Ag-eq] Bananas

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Apr 20 18:56:35 UTC 2014

I just read an interesting article about growing bananas in containers.  Did
you know that bananas grow from a bulb, like a daffodil or amarylis?  The
flower rises up from the bulb through the stem and out the top.  They come
in different shapes, not just the usual banana shape.
I'd love to give it a try, growing my own bananas.  The fastest fruiting
tree gets around 8 feet tall though, which would need a seriously big
container.
OK, I confess, I want to grow everything!