[Ag-eq] the BlanchRanch Bulletin for April 2014

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Wed Apr 23 11:02:15 UTC 2014

RABBITS 101;  part whatever.
I haven't had much to say about the rabbits of late, but here is a timely update.
I had been getting thoroughly p'd off with Bugzee's  "keep away" nonsense, and had threatened him on
several occasions  that my patience was not inexhaustible and  exhaustion point was, rapidly
approaching and I was dreaming, with some pleasure, I must confess, of having him in a pie, a
casserole, a fricassee [whatever that is!] or just a plain old stew:  any of the foregoing would do!
YUM--YUM--YUM!
One morning, he was up to his usual tricks, so I left him to cogitate on the error of his ways while
Peter went out for the day.
I went back once to see if being kept in solitary confinement had had any effect, but NO!  it
hadn't.
However, the next morning, when I had put the ever-so-adorable big Pete in his "waiting station",
Bugzee ran over and sat down beside him!
WHOOPEE and a thousands HURRAHS I thought, rather prematurely I fear, because the next day it was
"keep away" as usual.
Now keep in mind my threats to his future long life, on Sunday morning, YES!  Easter bunny morning,
as I was getting his lead on Peter, Bugzee spotted a small hole in the bottom of the door and took
the opportunity to beat a hasty retreat.
Bugzee and Peter are very much of an age, and in breeding, Bugzee is a purebred Flemish Giant and
Peter is a 3 quarter bred FG, but Peter is much the larger of the 2.
To be, brutally, honest, I shed not a tear, NO!  not one over Bugzee's departure.  If he wanted to
take the risks of being a wild rabbit, rather than lead the life of Riley that Peter:  and he:  had
enjoyed, well, that was up to him!
Jumping to today, Wednesday, I had a plumber call to unblock  a long-neglected drain from the barn,
and he just happened to mentioned that there was a white rabbit up on the bank:  Of course, I
scarcely need to tell you that it was the errant BUGZEE!
Maybe, I still was having fond thoughts of rabbit pie and the other culinary delights mentioned
above, because I asked Cameron, my tame plumber to catch him if he could, and he could and did!

Don't be alarmed, "gentle reader"  as Miss Austen would and did, say, rabbit
pie--casserole--fricassee--stew will, or I think that they will,  remain nothing more than fancies!!