[Ag-eq] mucking out stalls

Jody W Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Tue Apr 29 15:20:17 UTC 2014

Hi Nella,

A long time ago someone on the list suggested using a heavy rubber glove.  That is what I do.  I have a wide plastic bedding fork with the tongs close together.  I put the fork next to the pile and then I flip the manure on the fork with my gloved han.  I can check to see if I got it all.  If Arizona is like Florida then it doesn't take long for the manure to dry out.

I pull the wheel barrow behind me and I find the manure when I kick it, smell it or hear the flies on it.  We don't have a barn to put the horses in, they are in the pasture all the time.  Our five acres are fenced in so they have free range of the whole yard including the front yard.

I know I must be a farmer when getting ready for company includes removing the horse presents from the front yard.

JODY

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!" Thomas Jefferson