[Ag-eq] Fruit

Tracy Carcione via Ag-eq ag-eq at nfbnet.org
Wed May 28 12:36:12 UTC 2014

We had an unusually cold winter.  I lost my fig tree, and a rosemary bush
that had gotten about 4 feet tall and was very beautiful.  My peach tree
doesn't look all that well, either, but it's still alive.
I just put in a new fig tree, which is supposed to be hardier than the one I
had.  It's called Chicago Hardy.  It's other name is Bensonhurst Purple,
which I really like.  Bensonhurst is in Brooklyn, not far from here as the
crow flies, so hopefully my new fig will survive.
I also got a couple cranberry plants to put where the rosemary was.  I love
cranberries.  The plants are pretty, sort of like tiny blueberries.  The ad
said they don't need to be in a bog, so I thought I'd try them.
I also got a passionflower that's supposed to produce fruit.
All these are in addition to my strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
I love backyard fruits.
I would love to try grapes again, if I can figure out where to put them.