[Ag-eq] Turnips

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Aug 15 12:45:53 UTC 2014

Does anyone have a great turnip recipe?  When my turnips were young, I cut
them up and put them in salads, which was really good.  Now some of my
turnips have gotten pretty big, and I'm not sure how best to eat them.  I
tried cooking them and mashing them, which I've had in restaurants and was
really good, but mine turned out a watery glop.
And what about the greens?  I've tried cooking them, but they lose all their
spicy goodness. Is that just inevitable?