[Ag-eq] livestock guardians

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Sun Aug 31 17:55:08 UTC 2014

Does anyone on here have livestock guardian dogs or has anyone had them in the
past?

I'm a little concerned about the safety of my goats after we move to Arkansas.
 The goats will have more room and won't be as close to my house.  I also know
that many people out in the country seem to think it's o.k. to let their dogs
run free.

I'm just not sure how you train these dogs to protect the livestock and not
chase them.  Someone told me that you should put the puppy in with the goat
kids and let them grow up together.

Does anyone have any experience with this or suggestions?

If any of you live out in the country, how do you keep your livestock safe?

Nella