[Ag-eq] livestock guardians

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Mon Sep 1 04:51:21 UTC 2014

Jewel:

I hadn't heard that they bark a lot, but it makes sense.

Yes, from all I've been told you can't make the dog into to much of a pet.
However I've also been told that the dogs can also get protective of their
humans; they see them as part of the farm property and include them in their
guard duties!

 I read that it is good to put a young pup with some just weaned goats or sheep
and let them grow up together.  I think this will be a future project; I'll
have to research it a lot more.

Nella