[Ag-eq] Useful garden things I bought this year

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Oct 25 14:42:43 UTC 2014

I bought some useful garden stuff this year, so I thought I'd share.
I bought a cold frame from Amazon in the spring.  One of the reviewers said
it was like Leggos in the way it snaps together, and it kind of is.  It
snaps together, then, when its time is over, unsnaps to store flat and take
up less space.  My only complaint is it's a bit hard to snap the lid locks
when the lid is closed.  I used it in the spring, then took it down for the
summer, and set it back up for the fall.  Right now, it's got chard,
spinach, and salad greens in it.  I think they'll last well into the winter.

I also bought 2 Snip 'n Drip systems from Gardeners Supply.  One is a soaker
system, and the other is a sprinkler system.  You put the sprinkler, or
soaker hose, where you want it, then connect to a hose pipe that runs over
areas you don't want to water, then connect another sprinkler or soaker,
then hook up a hose coupler at the end.  Then you put the regular hose into
the coupler, turn on the water, and water everything all at once.  It's
great to just have to water once, instead of stopping and moving the
sprinkler every 45 minutes or so.