[Ag-eq] Replying to message from Nella

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Sun Feb 1 08:34:54 UTC 2015

From: "Jewel" <jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz>
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2015 6:33 PM
To: <nfoster at extremezone.com>
Subject: Re: [Ag-eq] {Disarmed} Fw: [Fw Careers in Agricultural and Natural Resources for Blind

Nella!  When are we going to have the pleasure of reading a  blow-by-blow story of your move from
Phoenix Az to Nella's Nook north-west Arkansas?
Here in God's Own, summer didn't hurry about making it known that, indeed, it was that time of year,
but once it did, it has been marvellous;  perhaps a tad to warm for me, but I find that as I get
older, my temperature tolerance is getting lower.  The low to middle 20s, I can handle, but, lately,
it has been getting up near 30, and in other places, and places not too far from Gore either, the
daily temperatures have been getting, perilously, close to 40, but I don't know of any where the
temperature has, actually, reached that horrifying figure.
It has been very dry too.
I have a 1500L tank that catches the rainwater from the barn roof and it was full of saved water.
However, I bought a self-filling water trough for the sheep which was going to be filled with water
from that tank.  It is gravity fed with the water working on the siphon theory.
The level of water in the trough is regulated by a ball and cock such as there is in a toilet
cistern;  when the water has reached a preset level, the b&c close the inlet valve, or that is what
it * should do.
I connected this trough to the hose coming from the tank and was pleased when I heard the water
running into it, but I was not at all pleased when I returned some time later to find that the shut
off  mechanism had * not worked and, consequently, the trough had overflowed and I had lost a great
deal of my precious rainwater.