[Ag-eq] First harvest

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Apr 8 13:22:06 UTC 2015

Hi Nella.
Wow, cherries!  I'm thinking of planting some kind of cherry.  I have a
Japanese maple that is not doing well.  It's big and old; I guess it's just
at the end of its life.  So I have the fun of figuring out what to replace
it with.

I've planted some lettuce, too, and I'm going to plant some spinach, if it
ever stops raining.  I've also planted some turnips and radishes.  Young
turnips are really nice in a salad. And red mustard!  Gotta plant some of
that, too.

My herbs are chives, thyme, oregano, winter savory, coriander, and
chamomile.  I had a beautiful hardy rosemary, but the bitter cold last
winter killed it.  I have really nice spearmint, but it's pretty aggressive.
I should have contained it better.  I'll have to pull out the ones that have
escaped their place, again.
I also have some thyme and lemon thyme in a path I only use occasionally.
They can take a little being stepped on, and they smell great.