[Ag-eq] Watering

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Jun 28 16:24:14 UTC 2015

Last spring, I bought a couple watering systems from Gardeners Supply,
gardeners.com. They're both Snip 'n Drip systems.

One is a set of sprinkler heads and hose.  I stuck the sprinklers into the
ground near my various gardens, and cut pieces of hose to connect them
together, then connected the last, or first?, to my garden hose.  Now, I can
just turn on one faucet, and poof!  All the sprinklers start going at once.
No more moving sprinklers all around, and the whole deal is done in 30-45
minutes.

I bought a similar thing with soaker hoses-run the soaker hoses where I want
them, connect them to regular hose pieces to go across the land that doesn't
need soakers, and connect the whole thing to the garden hose when I want to
run it.

Mostly I've used the sprinklers this year, but both systems are pretty
handy.

I mention all this because Jodi said keeping her garden watered was a big
problem this summer.  Of course, it's not so relentlessly hot up here in
Jersey as it is in Florida.