[Ag-eq] Riding

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Tue Jul 7 17:23:32 UTC 2015

Hi Jody:

The rain here has kept me from getting as much done as I would like.  I can't
get the big tree moved out until it gets dry enough to get a truck back there.
I also don't want to ride Cruiser because I worry about him slipping.  In fact
it is pouring rain right now.

Like you I've been doing ground work and grooming in the morning or evening.

One instructor is willing to come here and the other prefers to work at her
facility.  I'm thinking about putting Cruiser in training for a month.  He
needs some more desensitizing to things like tarps, plastic, paper and fly
spray.  I'm going to check out her facility to see what I think.  I'm going to
meet both instructors and observe them to see how they interact with horses and
people

We've had so much rain this summer I worry about how much training can be done.
I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Nella