[Ag-eq] dairy cows

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Mon Aug 3 17:27:06 UTC 2015

I already have some milk goats, in fact I'm in the process of getting a small
goat dairy set up.  I love the goat milk and the goats, but their milk has very
little fat.  I want to be able to make butter, so am looking at cows.

You are right I've looked at a few dairies and the cows are accustomed to the
milking machines.  I'm also looking at bred heifers, that way I can handle them
a lot until they calf.  Hopefully by that time it would be calm when I start
milking.

Nella