[Ag-eq] bit about women farmers on the radio

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Sep 10 18:52:25 UTC 2015

I just heard a bit on a radio show called Here and Now about the growing
numbers of women farmers.  It reminded me of Nella.  One farmer they talked
about is keeping 50 goats to make cheese.  Another is raising vegies,
flowers, and herbs on 2 acres, and selling direct to customers.  She's
hoping to add an orchard soon.  And she's on the edge of Cleveland.  I think
I could run a small operation on the edge of town, where I could still get
transportation.  Interesting things to think about doing, when I retire.