[Ag-eq] Gourds

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Oct 22 14:14:53 UTC 2015

I'm only guessing that moving the squash plants would deter the borers, but
your experience makes me doubtful.  Maybe the squash bugs fly around and
zoom in when they see what they're looking for.  Guess I'll have to ask
Google.

Gourds and morning glory sounds interesting.  I had my gourd on a trellis
with passionflower, morning glory, and some pole beans reaching over.  It
was a bit crowded in the end, especially since the squash was more
aggressive than I remembered.

I think the Indian squash might be bitter, so a person would need to know
how to deal with it.  It certainly is vigorous, though.