[Ag-eq] Winter protection

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Sun Nov 8 17:06:28 UTC 2015

It has been windy here the past month and more rainy.  It has been fairly warm,
hasn't gotten below freezing yet.

I finally had the bull dozing work done and had a giant load of gravel put in
front of the milk barn and the old barn.  He built up some burms to keep the
water from next door coming over and a y shaped ditch to move water over the
hill and into the large drainage ditch.  We also spread gravel in the pathways
that the animals have made.  They have a path worn from the gate and between
the 2 barns.  Hopefully this will cut down on the amount of mud.

I planted rye grass in all the areas that got dug up, it is supposed to grow
quickly and in the winter.  In the spring I will plant clover and orchard
grass.

Nella