[Ag-eq] Worms

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Jul 4 15:37:42 UTC 2016

Hi Nella.

I hear a guy on the radio talk about diatomaceous earth to control insects.
He spreads it on the grass with a fertilizer spreader, or something like
that.  Diatomaceous earth is made of tiny shells, so it's sharp for
soft-bodied creatures like insect larvae.  I wonder if it would also work
for worms and worm eggs.  It's pretty cheap; it might be worth a try.

Aphids are attacking my lilies.  I'm going to spread some diatomaceous earth
around under them, and see if that helps keep the beasties from getting at
them.